Benefits of a Labor Support Nurse/Doula
When you combine a perinatal nurse and a labor doula you are equipped with a powerful source for your labor support. Nurses develop keen senses to recognize variations in fetal well-being and variables disturbing the progression of labor. These are skills that follow your nurse as your labor doula.
“If a woman doesn’t look like a Goddess during labor, then someone isn’t treating her right.”
~Ina May Gaskin~
As your doula, I’m equipped to:
- Powerfully help you remember your commitment in an environment that sometimes advocates for something else.
- Provide information through evidenced based knowledge and experience.
- Offer continuous physical and emotional support.
- Provide recommendations aimed to promote fetal well-being and foster the progression of labor.
- Navigate the hospital setting with ease.
- Advocate for your unmedicated labor experience desired
- See both sides, comprehend, and facilitate your understanding of necessary medical interventions.
- Help you maintain your standards of care and set boundaries with confidence.
- Help facilitate communication between you and your healthcare team.
- Assist you in developing a straightforward birth plan to communicate your desires.
- Bring you closer to the pleasant and peaceful birth story you may be proud to remember and share.